Thursday, May 05, 2005

a question for the metal nerds ...

Can anyone tell me exactly when and how Metallica revealed their spiffy new haircuts to an unwitting public in the mid-nineties? Was it on TV? Were they greeted by a collective gasp of shock as they came out on stage sporting their new looks?

First one to answer gets ... well ... gets to be the first one to answer! Woo!

While we're waiting, let's enjoy this graphical analysis of James Hetfield's hair trends. (My favorite part: "Sadly, although things had improved greatly on the hair front, "St. Anger" (in our scientific opinion) sucked more ass than it is possible for anything to suck.")

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about 'St Anger'... I'd rather be poked with a sharp stick than be subjected to any of that vile recording.

As for the haircut fiasco.. were they first revealed on the 'Load' disc? (or should I say 'Load of $#it')?

1:23 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

You mean like on the CD itself? That was the world's first glimpse of the new look? I'm just doing some fact-checking for the "fuck Metallica" portion of the show and I don't want to screw up the facts. No one I've asked seems to remember the first time they appeared that way.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

I just found a scan of that artwork. Are they ....... are they wearing MATCHING SUITS?!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

Yes but there's a difference between getting a haircut and getting a full MTV makeover, especially when it's accompanied by big steaming piles of musical poo.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cliff Burton is doing laps in his grave.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home