Monday, April 18, 2005

updates

SHAMELESS MOOCHING 2.0
Does anyone have a chalkboard? Like the freestanding kind, like this'n here
If so, and you want to let us borrow it -- and why wouldn't you? -- please drop me an email.

WANTED: CAMERAS AND CAMERAMEN (or women)
We'll be shooting with at least four cameras and possibly five. Nate the Director of Photography and Sigfried the Magnificent Lighting Bastard are both fond of the Panasonic AG-DVX100, so we're trying to track down four or five of those, as well as folks to operate them during the show. Please note -- All work will be done for copy and credit only! And also our love. Please email me if you have access to a DVX100 or similar brand/model camera and/or the ability to man such a machine.

REHEARSAL UPDATE
The band is kicking ass! My favorite audio cue so far is Black Sabbath's N.I.B.. Although ... Welcome to the Jungle is pretty great, too, especially Drummer Andrew's cries of "Do you know how hard it is to make myself stop??" when the cue abruptly ends right after the intro. Speaking of Drummer Andrew ... he's got the biggest drum kit on earth. And although he'll only have eight mics at the show and therefore can only use so many pieces of his kit, I wanted ALL the pieces set up because the visual image of an absurdly huge and monolithic drum kit is just so badass. Every week he brings more and more bits of drum to set up.

The cruel joke is that now that the PA is wired, the drums are all set up, the glow-in-the-dark Iron Maiden posters have all been hung, and the exact dimensions of the stage have been taped out on the floor, we've been asked to move to the warehouse side of the building we're practicing in. So that will be tonight's activity. Woo! It's still a great space though, and better than we deserve. And it's got a ping pong table.

Rehearsals with Rick have been ... interesting so far. We started out strong last week, burned through the first few pages, got to the Robert Plant scene and came to a painful, grinding, screeching halt. Robert Plant has been a thorn in our collective ass for two years for reasons which are too wanky and boring to explain. I think we've got it worked out, though. I hope.

In writing and acting, there are no wrong answers. But with some scenes, nothing we try feels right. And I'm deeply frustrated by problems I can't out-direct. And that goddamn Robert Plant makes me feel like even more of a hack than I am. Stupid girly hobbit-loving wiccan hippie bastard!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the N.I.B. audio cue longer? Is it great? I am very excited, and can't freaking wait.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

We *had* to make it longer, I mean, how can we have such a great Ozzy and only use him for half a verse? It would be a crime.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am rubbing my hands together with an evil Ozzy grin.
Thanks for the nice words Joni :)

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you found
"guy's who build stuff"?
I do Drywall, and paint.

Maybe I could help you carry in large mirrors?
Like sheets of drywall, I learned to carry large flexable objects vertically. haha.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

Yes, I have found someone to do the set design/building. His name is Rob and he's fantabulous.

I may, however, have some heavy objects around the house that require moving ... ;-)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

Hey Andrew -- we figured out who you look like last night. You look like the dishwasher kid at the beginning of Poison's "Nothin' but a Good Time" video.

Hey, has anyone told John Hughes that he's doing an additional song?

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home