Wednesday, September 14, 2005

totally off-topic poll, part II

I was in the car just now and I heard what I consider to be the greatest pop song every crafted by human hands. Before I say what it is, I was wondering what your guys' nominations for the title would be?

[Mine wins because it's got all the elements -- perfect hooks both lyrically and musically, guitar, piano, enough synth to date it but not too much to out-date it (if that makes sense), the lyrics are simple, sweet love song poetry, and the production is lush without sounding over-polished. And it's a perfect length -- it ends right when it should, yet you still wish it was just one minute longer.]

So what's yours?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY saw Ben Folds perform that with Rufus Wainwright... It rewelled!

Actually, I think "Teenage Rampage" by Sweet...

hehe, 'member them?

--MK

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pixies' cover of 'Head On'

11:13 AM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

Well, for the record, the song I was referring to is The Cure's "Just Like Heaven". Flawless.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I abhor most of what is considered modern pop these days. "Come Sail Away" (Styx) comes to mind.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home