Friday, June 17, 2005

just checking in...

I feel bad I haven't posted lately. There's so much going on, but when I open my mouth, all that comes out is AAAAAIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember two years ago when we were gearing up for the Clinton Street performance... and it was just me and Rick and a 485 page script. And to think I was nervous about that.

Yipes.

Let's talk about something far less terrifying to me.

Three of the musicians involved in "Bigger Than Jesus" are in bands that just released CDs, so I'd like to take this opportunity to pimp their shit...

John Hughes (who performs four voices in our show) is the front man for Puffer who just released a very hard 'n' nasty CD called "At Any Cost" which, for fans of pure, unadulterated rawk, is definately worth a listen. Check them out at www.puffermusic.com



+ + + + + + + +

The young and spry Jesse Cunningham, who fronts Last Stand, has released an EP which has been described as "sleazy bar rock" by fan Rick Emerson, who used to play Last Stand on his show. Perhaps one day they will fulfill their promise of covering a Tim Riley Factor song. Enjoy their raw energy at www.laststandofrock.com and go catch them live.



+ + + + + + + +

And finally, Music Director Christopher Morris is the singer, bass player, and consummate control freak of Nicodemus, a progressive goth metal band who just released a CD called "Vanity is a Virtue". I, along with countless pasty and angst-ridden Swedes, am a big fan of this CD (and not just because he thanked me in his liner notes). Check it out at www.nicodemus.us



+ + + + + + + +

This is but a mere sample of the boundless talent I am blessed to have in my show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

You are correct, and I am an asshole for failing to mention the little ball 'o sunshine that is Andrew the Great. I am ashamed.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home