Friday, March 25, 2005

updates 'n' stuff

I can't believe the responses to my shameless mooching! You guys rock! You have no idea how good it feels to have so many people express interest in being a part of the film. At the risk of sounding sappy and/or over-caffeinated ... there's this whole community of people, like this crazy family, brought together by this weirdo on the radio, and just knowing that this community is out there ready to help me and support me and work with me and stuff, well ... it really makes the hard parts seem easier and, more than that, worthwhile.

Okay, enough of that shit.

Script update: It's finished! Though it's hard to say for sure until we're able to do a beginning-to-end table read, I'm going to guess that we're currently at a running time of about 100 minutes, which is pretty darn good. I've sent the script around to a handful of writer friends for feedback, and so far the response has been positive. Though I have yet to hear back from Aaron -- the one critic I most respect/fear.

Speaking of Aaron, if you haven't been to his website lately, you must go there immediately and read the Best Story Ever.

That's it for now. Except this -- a certain online news resource that shall remain nameless is aggressively seeking unpaid bloggers for their website. Isn't that wonderful? Maybe they'll let me write one all about my experiences being unemployed! I can author articles such as "How to lose your dream job without really trying" and "What to do when the man comes to shut off your power" and "Mommy, how come all the other kids have their asthma medicine?" It'd be great!

Mmm ... bitterness ...

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd W. said...

Though I have yet to hear back from Aaron -- the one critic I most respect/fear.

Great. Now I'm going to go cry myself to sleep on my huge pillow...

;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

Oh, stop. I only fear him because he's a meanie. I mean that in the best way, of course.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home