Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The latest news

We've narrowed down potential performance spaces to a couple of prime choices. Now I'm just waiting to confirm availability and cost and so forth, and also making sure the venues get Lighting Director Sigfried's stamp of approval.

The script is almost finished! Just waiting for Rick to make a few minor polishes.

I've been scheming the set design and making little models out of paper, though I can't really make any concrete decisions until I know the dimensions of the stage. Rick and I both like the idea of boxy, minimalistic set pieces. We both also like symmetry on the stage, even though every book I have recommends against it. 'Go for balance,' they say, 'but avoid symmetry because it bores the audience.' I tend to believe, however, that if the audience is bored because of your set design, you've got far bigger problems.

Which brings up another issue --- I have still received NO response to my call for Dudes Who Can Build Stuff. (I should point out that, in this context, "dude" means "one who wields tools" and could just as easily apply to women.) Come on, people! You've got hammers ... use them! Email me and be part of something super rad and only mildly chaotic!

The band loads into the rehearsal space the first week of April, putting rehearsals right on schedule.

To the boys who sent me photos in response to the casting call -- you'll be hearing from me at some point next month, so sit tight. I haven't forgotten about you.

Ditto to you, Mailman Chris & Son ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home