Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A Compliment for US is a Compliment for YOU!

Bigger than Jesus, like rock and roll itself, is a project by The People, of The People, and for The People. As such, it's gratifying to see that folks are diggin' it in such a huge way.

This is also a great reflection on the myriad band members, crew personnel and other members of the BtJ team. That people are bonding so strongly with the finished product speaks well of everyone involved. You rule!

From the mailbag:

Well all I can say is WOW!
BTJ was not what I expected... And actually
I was not sure what to expect, Rick with his normal
rants plus a band??? no no no.. this was something
better something that blew my mind, sucked me in. it
was a journey through music, a journey into, dare I
say, Rick. Since I got it on friday I have watched twice
and plan on inviting friends over this weekend to
watch it again. Man I want to sit here and go on and on and on about
how fucking awesome it was but I am just speechless.
it made me remember music and things from years
ago when all we had was "am" radio and then came
records and music like I had never heard......
FUCKING AWESOME JOB!!!! RICK YOU KICKED
ASS! JONI GREAT FUCKIN JOB!!! You guys made my year
with this film!!!!! Definetly worth the wate!
-Troy in So. Oregon


Got my BTJ DVD the other day. Damn it rocks so
hard!!! I've already shown it to a few friends who have asked me to burn
it for them. I have told them " no, a true rock fan would want a REAL
copy of this." And thusly directed them to the BTJ website. Keep on
ROCKIN!!!!!
-Chris V.

Just ordered my second BTJ for my friends whom grew
up in the Tri-Cities. They will love it. They actually where
in Ephrata but they talked the same about the whole zone.
-Mike B.

And, about Rock Roundtable:

The cable show rocks! Keep it up. Loved the band at
the Sabala's show, too. The hair-flipper guitarist
with the VH 5150 guitar was incredible! Plus, that had to be the most guitars I've ever seen a single band use. Very cool.
-Scott G.


Such comments are the highest praise there is. Muchas gracias.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be a downer or anything, but why the hell did the Little Dudes get relegated to the extra CD-o-crap (which I did not buy)? Other than that, no complaints at all. I have now seen BTJ six times--twice live and four times on CD. Tell Ken D. he did an awesome job of mixing the music. Rawk on!

Oh, yeah, and Rick, would you please get a goddam job!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Joni DeRouchie said...

Dear Ron in Independence,

Man.. the second disc is not a "CD-o-crap." It's jam packed with good stuff. But there's only so much room on one disc, and it just wouldn't all fit. Bah!

Secondly, that's a valid question about the little dudes. I think I'll make a whole post about it, explaining the situation.

Thirdly, quit tryinna butter up my husband, he'd still kick yer ass for calling my work "CD-o-crap!" Or he'd just point at me and laugh.... who knows.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home